One promise, One Backpack, One-Way Trip – Seeking Purpose
Looking at the future lying ahead of me, I was filled with dark emotions. It didn’t sit right, and somewhere, deep inside, I knew that there must be another alternative. So then and there I quit.
I booked a one-way ticket to Asia and promised not to return until I had figured it all out. Looking back now, that was the hardest decision I have ever made, and it was also the start of the revolution. The decision forced me right out of my comfort zone, and into a strange world of new experiences, new people and a completely new mindset.
In those moments, and through those experiences, all the false screens and illusions of personality were stripped away. It was both painful and liberating at the same time. IT was a if an inner fire had been lit.
My job, my career, my status and my financial position no longer defined me. It all fell off me like a snake shedding its skin. I was no longer the “Football Star”, “Account Manager” or “Corporate Specialist”, I wasn’t anything – yet it felt alive and free.
I came to the realisation that my entire personal history was like an illusion. All my struggles, all my failings, and all my attempts to fit into a role that I didn’t believe, suddenly felt like a bad dream. Underneath all of that, I began to sense my true identity – I could feel it as I felt the air that I was breathing, and as I felt the beating of my own heart. It was an awakening, a shock to the system, and an incredible relief.
My confusion and anxiety began to dissolve like a mist.
This is where my true education really began. After a long period of self-reflection. and a completely new kind of study, I realized what my life path had been all along.
To summarise the lessons I am going to share with you:
- The first lesson: I had to fail, more than once, in order to discover and to accept who I truly was on the inside. ‘Failure’ is not really failure at all. The true self will shine through, eventually.
- The second lesson: I found the sense of purpose I was looking for through the challenges I faced traveling alone, the relationship I created along my adventure and the impact of the message and mission I was sharing.
- The third lesson: Self-actualisation means making hard decisions, and sticking to them. The only way forward is to be authentic, and to look deep within.
- The fourth lesson: You need to learn to express your inner vision, to learn how to project your true nature to the world.
- The fifth lesson: Your purpose will serve to the world when translated into a sustainable and well defined value proposition.
I will explore with you these core concepts in more details, within the context of the real-world envirnoment we share.
What lies ahead is a journey of self discovery.
Thanks for reading.
Starting with his own revolution, Laurent left his young and early corporate career at the age of 25 in the view of finding his life purpose – a purpose that would enable him to find meaning, fulfilment and happiness in his daily life. He now supports individuals in starting their own revolution through personal development courses, self-actualisation material and branding services.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.